Monday, April 27, 2009

Party Planner Extraordinaire

Among her many talents, apparently Serena Algeria is also a party planner. As I went to a meeting last week, I found her staging a baby shower. I must admit I was a bit taken aback since I did not associate party planning with Serena (especially since, upon information and belief, Dagwood and Blondie are still waiting for Serena to reciprocate their dinner invitation). I was almost tempted to crash said shower but I only saw a couple of balloons and some random plastic silverware so I was unsure about how festive the party would be. Plus I did not know who the showeree was. It is hard to keep up with pregnancies on Acme's 9th Floor a/k/a the "Fertility" floor since there must have been over a hundred pregnancies on that floor since I started at ACME. Now the conceptions did not actually occur on the floor but there must be something in the air or water that it makes it more conducive for its residents to procreate. Acme's 10th Floor is the polar opposite. It is like the island on Lost where no babies are born, but unlike the island no one even gets pregnant. In fact, the only pregnant resident of the floor quit her job to become a full time mom. So don't expect any of Serena's showers on the 10th Floor.

No comments: