Monday, April 20, 2009

Watch Your Eyes at LensCrafters

I was at the Park Meadows LensCrafters picking up a new pair of glasses. I should have known I would be in store for an extraordinary experience when the manager and one of the technicians were comparing their bust sizes when I went up to ask for assistance. After the awkward interruption, the technician offered to help me (with my glasses not my bust size). After using an assortment of equipment to properly gauge the measurements for the glasses, there came a quite unscientific measurement. I was asked to put on the glasses and the technician took a Sharpie and tried to mark on the glass where my pupil was. After she marked the dot, the manager has to verify the placement of the dot. So the manager asked me to put on the glasses. She then told me I was staring upwards and asked me to look down. She kept telling me to look down until her décolletage was right in my line of sight. Before I could even avert my glance she slapped me; it was playful (or so I hope) but it was a slap nevertheless. Even the technician seemed taken aback; so much so that when it came to the other eye she did it herself and assured me there would be no slap. So not only does LensCrafters offer quality eyewear and service; at Park Meadows you can get a gratuitous slap.

No comments: