Monday, July 27, 2009

An Ordinary Day at the Zoo



Saturday, I took my son to the zoo for the third time this year. And as usual, there was nothing extraordinary there, but I did see some extraordinary feats by some of nature’s finest specimens. Now we have all seen at some point a passenger sticking their legs out the window. When I was driving to the zoo, however, I saw for the first time a driver sticking her leg out of her window. And she had her foot rested on the left side mirror. I was amazed at how limber she was and at the same time a bit concerned about her ability to control her vehicle. Perhaps that is why she had a huge crack in her windshield.


Then on Colorado, I saw in the Shotgun Willie’s parking lot two beauties in bikinis doing car washes. If I did not have my son with me, I would have definitely stopped for a car wash as my car could use one and they seemed very capable.


Finally, an indication of the other end of Darwin’s evolutionary spectrum; I advise all of you to avoid the KFC on Colorado. Apparently it is a sit down restaurant as it takes 20 minutes for you to get your order. And when you ask for a status update, they have no clue who is handling your order.

No comments: