Monday, January 12, 2009

The Globes

All in all, I thought the Globes got it right last night. Best Picture went to the one film I put on my top ten list, and next to Step 2: The Streets, it was the best movie of the year. I would have liked to have seen Anne Hathaway win, but you can't go wrong with Kate Winslet especially when she professes her love for another man right in front of her husband. Mickey Rourke is truly deserving, although totally different from his earlier persona. Ironically, he had to destroy his looks to get credibility. But really the Globes are not that great a prognosticator of the Oscars despite what everyone says, because they have awards for musical/comedy as well as drama so it really does not narrow things down. Really the highlights are if someone has too much Moet and makes an undecipherable speech or if a winner is in the restroom when the award is announced. I don't know if either occurred as I was watching the return of my fave show, 24, which returned as strong as ever, after a 1 ½ year gap.

No comments: