Wednesday, February 4, 2009

xoxo

As fans of the GG know, Dan and Serena broke up Monday night. Normally this would be a significant event, but this is like the 38th time they have broken up. Fittingly it was on Groundhog Day. And, of course, they said this time it was final, but as any expert on tv knows, the romantic break up of two leads is likely never final, particularly when their relationship has been a central theme of the show (see Brandon/Kelly/Dylan and Ross/Rachel). I am generally a strong proponent of these seminal relationships being ultimately resurrected prior to the end of the show, but at this point, with Dan and Serena, I have simply stopped caring. In fact, I may pull for Dan and Chuck hooking up more than Dan and Serena (and I find it surprising that they have not explored a Dan-Blair storyline).

I am glad Dan and the teacher hooked up. While I do not champion this in real life, in the tv world, I find it to be quite provocative much like two women engaging in a cat fight and/or relationship. Unfortunately this vindicates Blair’s nefarious actions, and Serena’s support thereof, and I am sure this will end badly for Dan and the teacher, but c’est la vie.

No comments: