Tuesday, December 16, 2008

The Golden Fox Returns I

I was returning to Denver Thanksgiving Sunday on a flight from Indianapolis when, lo and behold, who do I run into at the terminal – The Golden Fox. Admittedly she did look a bit lost as DIA is nothing like the GV. But other than that she looked her sporty self with a Victroinox windbreaker (I wonder if she has the matching luggage) and being the devoted student of the law that she is – a law textbook and a study outline. While many of us would plunge into the latest best seller, she was reading case law. Let me just say I was brimming with pride. It almost made up for the fact that she had blown me off for much of the semester failing to stay in contact unlike the other interns, and not providing any good fodder for the Blog. She has promised to “hang” over winter break so maybe we can get some stories out of that. By the way, this is the second time I have bumped into her in a location filled with thousands of people. The last time was at Coors Field where she was being squired by that guy who flew her down to Belize (which apparently is the new hot spot – so we will give her some trend points for that one).

No comments: