Thursday, July 24, 2008

Fashion Icon

The Blog’s fashion-forwardness was further confirmed the other day. As I was standing in line to get a beer at the Police concert, one guy came up to me and asked me where I got my shirt. He said he was looking for that brand everywhere. My shirt was from FCUK and so indicated on the shirt. Now, dear readers, before you jump to any profane conclusions, FCUK stands for French Connection United Kingdom. I suppose I could have sold him my shirt off my back and then proceeded to either watch the show bare-chested (too-Heavy Metalish) or bought a Police t-shirt. But then I would have ceased to be fashion-forward. Word of advice on proper concert couture. Never wear the shirt of the band whose concert you are attending to the concert (except in very rare and limited circumstances). If you are going to wear a concert t-shirt wear one of a hip band. For instance, I was thinking of wearing my English Beat shirt but thankfully I did not because I saw a couple of other people wearing that one. The same day a colleague told me I smelled like the soap at the Ritz-Carlton; I took that as a compliment, particularly since I have never used the soap at the Ritz save for soap in their lobbies.

No comments: