Sunday, July 20, 2008

Thank You DU Law

I had a very enjoyable night (well almost very enjoyable) with the national pastime. It began at the Cru Bar where the man who brought baseball to Denver filled us with tales of all the behind the scenes maneuvering to get the franchise as I sipped some Pinot and munched on fine appetizers. I then ventured to Coors to watch my hapless Pirates continue on their march to 16 years of not making the playoffs (and I ran into the Golden Fox apparently searching for some scotch at Coors). The night was put on by DU Law so I spent the evening with DU alums, staff (including the super-nice Jenny Savage from Alumni Relations), and a couple of soon-to-be 2Ls (I believe their names were Nate and Tim; at any rate, they knew many of our DU interns). Don’t worry DUers, I treated the 2Ls to vintage Coors Light to make up for the fact that I was enjoying this evening on DU’s dime.

No comments: